Updated: Jul 29
Okay, so who loves a good cookie?! Everyone! If you're looking for a low-carb twist on your traditional sandwich cookie, then you're in the right place. These cookies are thick, fluffy, creamy and sweet. All the good things! The recipe makes 16, and one cookie could be enough. Key word...could. So, try at your own risk!! :-)
Makes 16 sandwich cookies
Serving size: 1 cookie Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 15 minutes
1 package Lakanto Sugar Free Cookie Mix
1-1/4 cup almond flour
2 sticks of butter, softened
1/2 cup cacao powder
1/4 stick of butter, softened
4 oz cream cheese
1/4 tsp vanilla extract
1/4 cup Lakanto Powdered Sugar
1/4 cup Lakanto chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
2. Using a mixer, combine Lakanto Cookie Mix, almond flour, eggs, 2 sticks of butter in a large bowl.
3. Mix in cacao powder until smooth
4. Using a melon ball scooper or a spoon, scoop 1 TBS balls onto the cookie sheet, leaving an inch between each cookie.
5. Layer parchment paper over cookie balls. Flatten each ball with a spatula.
6. Bake 12-15 minutes.
7. Cool for at least 30 minutes.
1. Mix cream cheese and butter until creamy.
2. Mix in vanilla and sugar, blend until combined.
3. Fold in chocolate chips.
Prepare sandwich cookies:
1. Flip over 16 cookies. Top with filling using a spoon or piping bag.
2. Top with another cookie. Enjoy!
Serving: 1 sandwich cookie | Calories: 259 kcal | Net Carbs: 2.2g | Fat: 23g | Protein: 4.4g | Fiber: 6.8g
Give these a try and let us know what you think. Take a photo of your creation and tag us on Instagram @bluavofoods for a chance to be featured on our website!