Updated: Aug 3
When low carb biscuits and awesome filling collide...you get keto biscuit balls! Okay, saying that makes me laugh. But honestly, this recipe is so good and so versatile...you could fill each ball with whatever you like! The sky's the limit here. So go ahead, be creative and give it a try!
Serving size: 2 biscuit balls Prep time: 40 minutes + 15 min to bake
1/2 pound ground beef (20% fat)
1/2 Tbs olive oil
2 Tbs onion, chopped
1 tsp minced garlic
3 1/2 Tbs Goya Sofrito
pinch of salt & pepper (to taste)
Low Karb Keto Butter Biscuit Mix (prepared)
2 Tbs cold butter, cut into small pieces
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
fresh parsley (optional)
1. Heat the oil in a large pan over medium heat.
2. Add onion, garlic to the hot pan. Cook for a approximately 2 minutes.
3. Stir in ground beef; cook until no longer pink.
4. Add Sofrito and a pinch of salt and pepper.
5. Set aside to cool.
1. Follow package instructions to prepare biscuit mix. (Combine mix with a large spoon)
2. Add cold butter, 1/2 tsp each garlic powder, salt and pepper. Mix and mash with a fork.
3. Chill in the fridge 10 minutes.
Biscuit Ball Preparation
1. Get a damp cloth ready to wipe your hands. Set aside.
2. Remove dough from the fridge.
3. Place the dough on a cutting board.
4. Cut dough into 16 parts; 1 for each biscuit ball.
5. Lay a 6" piece of saran wrap (or similar) on the counter.
6. Take one section of dough. Separate into 2 parts (one smaller than the other: 1/3 & 2/3)
7. Form the larger piece into a flat pancake. Place it on the saran wrap.
8. Add 1 tsp meat to the center of the dough.
9. Form the smaller piece of dough into a flat pancake. Place it on top of the meat. It should just cover the meat.
10. Lift the 4 corners of the saran wrap, pinch together plastic. The edges of the bottom layer of dough should overlap top layer of dough enclosing the meat.
11. Cup the ball in your hand to make a perfect round shape.
12. Refrigerate the ball.
13. Wipe your hands with a damp cloth.
14. Move on to the next ball - repeating steps 5-13.
Note: you could save time by laying out 4 or more pieces of saran wrap, making 4 or more balls at a time.
15. Lightly oil a baking pan.
16. Place each ball on the pan - 2" apart.
17. Brush with egg wash, let them sit for 5 mins.
18. Top with fresh parsley (optional).
19. Bake for 15 mins. Enjoy!
Refrigerate any leftovers
Serving: 2 biscuit balls | Calories: 286.7 kcal | Net Carbs: 4.1g | Fat: 23.4g | Protein: 13.6g | Fiber: 17.6g
Let us know what you think! Take a photo of your creation and tag us @bluavofoods for a chance to be featured on our website and social media!