Updated: Jul 29
Okay, so tacos are my absolute favorite food! I love them in a soft shell, hard shell, on a salad, as a dip...you name it. If it's any variation of the "meat", seasonings and toppings we've all grown to love, then I'm all in! These vegan keto tacos are easy and delicious! They're a great appetizer or side dish. Whatever you like.
Makes: 16 tacos
Serving size: 1/4 cup Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 20 minutes
4 Tumaro's Carbwise Multi-Grain wraps
1/2 Tbs olive oil (or vegetable cooking spray)
1 cup hot water
1/2 packet taco seasoning
1/3 cup water
1 Tbs hot sauce
1 tsp parsley (optional)
Your choice of toppings
shredded vegan cheese
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. Lightly brush (or spray) both sides of each wrap with oil.
3. Using a 3 inch cookie cutter or a mug, cut 4 circles into each wrap
--- be sure to start at the edges.
4. Carefully line a muffin tin with each shell, ensuring sides are even
5. Bake for 7-8 min (until edges are golden brown)
1. Place beef and hot water in a microwave safe bowl
2. Heat on high for 5-8 minutes until re-hydrated
3. Transfer beef to a small pan
4. Add taco seasoning, hot sauce, and water to the pan
--- add more hot sauce if you like spicy!
5. Heat until water thickens, remove from heat
Plate and Serve:
1. Spoon 2 Tbs beef into each shell
2. Add toppings of your choice
3. Sprinkle with parsley (optional)
Serving: 4 tacos | Calories: 157 kcal | Net Carbs: 7.7g | Fat: 6.6g | Protein: 15g | Fiber: 11.6g
* does not include toppings